if we had a girl, her name would have been holly. a boy would have been marcus. when i see or hear the name holly, i cringe just as i do when i hear paige. not the same with marcus.
i almost bought a sling off c's website in november. i was sure the ivf would work and i wouldn't be sitting here wondering what to do with a $70 sling i could use because i would never get pregnant again. i felt it would have been a spit in the face of the universe, it would have been a spit in the wind.
i never really saw myself being pregnant again.
i still say the names of all my children along with the babies-that-would-never-be, just to see how they all sound together.
i tell myself that if i got pregnant again, the baby would have had downs syndrome or some other serious handicap or illness.
i'm on a pretty strict medical diet and i pretend i'm pregnant. i really wanted to prove, with another pregnancy, that i could eat perfectly and get the baby out alive. i didn't get pregnant, but i can at least be a success at losing weight.
after the first ivf failed i adopted a cat. he's 9 years old, has no teeth, had a big gash under his arm that required surgery, and has two nails missing. no one wanted him. i thought that i could hold him and snuggle him like a baby if the last ivf failed.
i had a dream about paige last night; i haven't dreamt of her since before i started trying to get pregnant again, probably january 2008. the floodgates are opening...
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Oh Charmer....
xxoo
Charmy, oh my Charmy.
Sending you love.
I sift through names in my head far too often. I don't want to say them aloud because I don't want anyone to take them. Even if those names can't be mine, I don't want anyone else to have them either. I'm spiteful. And bitter. And just so very sad.
I considered adopting a dog for the kids, because I can't give them a sibling. I also thought it might give me something to coddle and nurture. What's your cat's name?
I sit here and wonder why we had to be the ones to carry the burden of no live children after our dead ones, Charmy. I can't come up with a good answer. I wonder if there will ever be a good reason for this. I can't imagine it. XO.
xoxo
I'm so sorry.
*hugs* YES purge! get the clutter out. the deadbaby background noise now muddled with the no-baby background noise.
Fucking sucks.
I'm on a strict diet as well and sticking to 1,119 calories a day (and I'm still working out) So far I'm 4 lbs down so something must be working. I gotta shed the last of the deadbabies lbs.
*more hugs*
We got a dog not long after our daughter died. She was being abused by her owner, and my husband and I just put her in the car and took her home one day. It has been good for me to have something to care for (I don't have any other children), yet I fear that I have an unhealthy attachment. I obsess over her dying, or something happening to her. I'm terrified that I won't be able to protect her... just like my daughter.
At night, I'll put her in her little bed and pet her and wonder if this is what it would have been like. I'll even sing to her sometimes.
I think I'm going crazy...
Post a Comment