elle: "mom, i was going to have a sister, but she died. her name was book."
i laughed.
i told people that she said something really funny and repeated what she said.
they didn't laugh.
then i felt weird.
this is my life.
oh well, it really was funny.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
stupid innocent people with *no* sense of humor.
where did she come up with that 'name?'
I get it...my sis who shares the 'real name' was often teased in school by a little boy who would call her 'book' instead.
And nobody laughs at db jokes when they're sitting in the room with us do they?
ya chun: she confused paige with 'book.' get it? as in, page of a book? i still laugh about it.
Ha! That's quite clever and sophisticated humor, actually! :)
That is quite adorable and really funny! How sweet! Sorry they didn't "Get" it too.
Your kid is brilliant. And I think it's kinda funny too.
Out of the mouths of babes.
It is pretty funny. Or I am just twisted enough to think so.
Got it immediately, and chuckled. Clever girl!
Bella does this thing now, in a tone of voice that sounds like a 13-year old whining that her iPod ran out of batteries, "mmmooommmm, I wanna new sister cuz my other one diiiieeed," and it cracks me up every. time. I'm sure someone else who overheard would faint.
I think it's hilarious!
who would have thought that we'd find humor in dead babies? but i guess we can't always be crying, can we?
I want to type something witty here, but I'm too busy laughing.
it's very funny to me..What do they know
I got it immediately and laughed, because I know how little kids' minds worked.
In the presence of mixed company, though, I can imagine how that comment might have received a heavy chorus of crickets chirping.
She is quite clever!
My daughter always asks me if we can have another baby girl after Finny goes to heaven. Not funny to others, but everytime she asks me, I laugh. In her mind, babies don't make it out of the belly, they go straight to heaven.
I suppose only "we" get it, huh?
That is funny.
Kals right, no one laughs at the db jokes, except us db moms.
Post a Comment