Monday, July 13, 2009

the thing



reece is ok, he just has rocks in his belly. he has to drink lots of water to keep his rocks wet or they will get too scratchy. his uncle brought him a THE THING comic to show him a rock-man superhero...

his urine calcium levels are very high, so he is likely to either have very small kidney stones or is developing them. apparently his grandfather also had kidney stones since he was a boy, so I AM ACTUALLY GETTING ANSWERS...and it's not that bad.

why does it feel so insanely strange for this to end up ok? i feel like this can signal a time to get past the fatalistic attitude, get back to *normal* life where everyone doesn't end up dead.

the truth is, neither are ok.

not everyone lives, not everyone dies. you can't know when or how or who. it will sometimes not make sense, so don't even bother with the analysis; sometimes knowing why and how will be worse than not knowing.

the truth is, there is no truth.

say 'truth' 15 times fast and you won't even recognize the word anymore; it sounds more like a dental procedure.

at this very moment i'm blogging about kidney stones and death and who knows what will come next today. i'll probably go outside and break up 97 fights over the swing-for-two on the swing set, but who knows.

who knows.

::::

looking through the pictures for one of reece, i noticed the drunken, elated one of marc with the girls that he dragged out of bed when the pens won lord stanley's cup (there's a 16x10 magnet on my fridge, lest i forget). am i happy or sad to then see her name on his arm?

9 comments:

Tash said...

Awww, ANOTHER PENS FAN!! WOOT!!!!

You're right. I'm constantly walking around waiting for the other shoe to drop. Funny, isn't it. You'd think I'd recognize the sound or something.

So glad Reece is on the mend -- your children are simply, deliciously, adorable.

Julia said...

I'm with Tash-- they are all spectacularly cute. Not to get myself sidetracked from the main point here, which is that I am so glad Reece is ok.

Though, because I am an anal and annoying type, I am compelled to ask whether they are looking into why he has high calcium in his urine? Calcium is tied up with a couple of other things in our bodies, and it would be nice to know that this is just a weird urine calcium thing, and isn't anything more interesting.

k@lakly said...

So glad he is ok! I think we will spend the rest of our lives waiting for the worst news because it's what we expect now. I wonder if we'll ever believe that sometimes things do turn out ok, ~sometimes~.
They are beauties Charmer, hole them close.
xxoo

Aunt Becky said...

I don't think you can go through what you've been through without expecting that the other shoe won't drop, it will blow your f*cking head off.

I'm sorry, Charmy. I know the feeling. Different reasons, but I have been waiting for the rest of the shoe to blow my face to smithereens since I was about 4.

Stupid shoes.

Juliet said...

Your family is beautiful! What a gorgeous photo. I love your husband's tattoo. I think it's completely understandable to feel happy and sad at the same time.

Anonymous said...

I am glad Reece is ok.

The kids are so cute, Charmy. I think seeing P@ige's name would be bittersweet at times. How do you feel when you see your own tatt?

Reese said...

Yeah, I think we are all in a perpetual state of waiting for some other fire/disaster to deal with. I am grateful that the test was conclusive of something not so serious.

Big exhale tonight, sweet girl. You can put your guard back on tomorrow.

XOXO---Reese

Hope's Mama said...

So glad he's ok. He's a total spunk.
And I'm with you on waiting for the other shoe to drop. Will this feeling ever go away?

CLC said...

Whew. I am glad he is ok. And I am right there with you with the fatalistic attitude. I hope it fades with time, but so far I see no signs of that.

Your kids are beautiful!