thanks to c., i'm unstuck for today. it's been easy going over here? weird, i know. not so much to write lately, except mother drama, which is not really that interesting for any of you, i'm sure.
The rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules.
3) Share six non-important things / habits / quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people.
5) Be sure the people you tagged KNOW you tagged them by commenting what you did.
1) when i was in the 5th grade, i pulled out my baby teeth, one a day for a week. at the time, i thought it felt good; i used stick pins and pen caps. in retrospect, it was the worst year of my childhood and i was trying to get attention. which never happened. one of the pointy teeth on the side was really slow coming in after that, and luckily alyssa milano had the same issue at the same time, AND i happened to already resemble her...so it worked out. especially with boys.
2) when i was about 5 years old, i thought i was sexy. i was hot for boys. i had boyfriends at school and in the neighborhood. i remember it so clearly, those feelings, and to this day i give kids so much more respect because of it.
3) i only wash my hair once a week. i used to be an everydayer, but once you get your head used to reduced stripping, your hair gets so much less oily. no one ever believes me until they try it. when people compliment my hair i always tell them it's because i wash it once a week and they scoff, like that's gross. meanwhile their hair looks pretty ratty!
4) i used to be a florist. and a physician's office manager. and a retail manager. and a massage therapist. and a henna body artist. and a healthcare finance consultant. and a sex educator. and a spa owner.
5) my mother used to have to pray about whether or not to allow me to do things i asked her permission for. like, "mom can i go to nora's house after school tomorrow?" "i don't know, i have to pray about it." and i was in high school.
6) i can't wait for spring to come and everyone in this tiny town to see my arms covered in new tattoos. i'm thinking about coloring my hair too, like burgundy or something. do i want to feel like the town freak? do i just not want anyone to talk to me? maybe both. and i'm excited.
ok so here's who has to do this too:
meg
missing one
depressionista
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
I only wash my hair twice a week, so I feel better now knowing I am not the only one. My hairdresser sister recommends less washing!
Also, being the town freak is totally underrated. I strongly recommend it to everyone. It's fun, and you'll find that most of the people you offend are people you wouldn't like much in the first place.
I totally embraced goth style a little while back, and all the old people thought I was totally adorable. It was mostly women between 25 and 40 who had an issue with me...
I thought I was sexy, too, but not for boys at school. I thought I was sexy for my best friend's poster of John Schneider from the Dukes of Hazzards. When we would have sleep overs at her house, we would partake in a little strip tease for the poster's benefit? How we even knew about strip teases at 6 or 7, I am clueless.
Maybe you can get jumpstart spring by walking around the supermarket in a tank top. It's really a public service -- the people in your town have been *needing* a new topic to talk about.
Ooooooh, you would look so good with burgundy hair. I like that idea. Can't wait to see what the town thinks of your tats.
By the way lady, you have done a lot of jobs. Which one did you like the best? I think it's cool by the way. Definitely not a boring, past working history.
You're hilarious...sexy you. You know what we left off of our lists, both of us?? We left off that we both swear like sailors, well better than sailors to be honest, and we like it! But I guess most people who read us already know that, but still!
Holy Christ, what would I be without my fucking swear words?!!I'll tell you, I'd be a mute!
Hey, on three, there was just an article in today's NYT on women who only wash now and again and some use some powders in the interim? Do you do that? Just curious. Out of lack of interest, I usually wash mine every 2-3 days, unless I hit the gym, and then I kinda have to. Interesting. May take this up more seriously! (And bushy eyebrows are in! GRIEF MAMAS ARE IN, y'all!)
Can I hang out in your town like a fly on the wall just to hear what they say? I for one think they're beautiful. can't wait!
i love your past job list- mine is so boring.
i have a very dear friend who (and her mother too) prays like that about everything - i know she;'s sincere and i love her but sometimes i just want to scream that G-d doesn't care whether or not you go away for the weekend!!
Supposedly you can not wash your hair at all. After the first month of it being totally gross it picks up and then looks really good.
I'm not even going to try with that one.
I love the fact that you are totally going out there with tats, the hair and the whiskey tango t-shirt. I wish I could see the faces of the locals ;o)
I can't go a whole week without washing my hair of my head gets itchy. I think 5 days is my absolute max.
I think I like the hair one the best.
I'm down to about 3x per week and was surprised when we went away last 4 day weekend, it didn't get as oily as I thought it would (we ended up not having hot water because we got the cabin to find the hot water had frozen and had half a dozen leaks)
Your #1 reminds me of my hair pulling. Now we really know why you call yourself charmedgirl--it's because of the unbelievable luck of Alyssa Milano sharing your tooth issue :-)
2. I don't remember feeling sexy, but I do remember having crushes on my brother's friends, who were 8 years older than me, and I lusted for Shawn Cassidy big time. Weird how early it starts, isn't it?
3. Interesting. Might have to try that.
4. Wow! You've had a lot of weird jobs. Which was your favorite? Which did you hate?
5. Kinda reminds me of the movie "Carrie" a little bit.
6. I get the feeling of kind of wanting to be the town freak and kind of wanting people to totally ignore me. I hope you shock some people and get some satisfaction out of it!
Thanks for tagging me. It was fun!
haha the tooth thing is so odd! I love it. No way on the hair thing, I won't even pretend like I would ever convert.
When you venture out into town, take your camera phone and get good shots of the look of shock. I want to see!
I wash my hair twice a week. If I go any more often, it gets greasy exponentially faster. Monkey's, btw, often goes a week between washes. Her texture is good with that.
Cool jobs. I bet you have a lot of stories.
woah that is some shit. the teeth? key-rist. and the praying? good one. excellent resume. and i thought mine was good. i wore my mom's size 16 leopard print nightie, when i was about 7 or 8, on a campout. guess i was working it for my brother's friend. ew.
what's up with the hemangioma? gone yet? email me if you want at livebabyhopes@gmail.com. gotta warn you i'm a lousy correspondent but i'd like to swap vascular anomaly stories.
Hey charmer,
I left you a mission over at my place...go take a peek and then have at it:)
Okay, so I am trying this not washing hair thing and I have to say I feel like a big fat greasey mess. I think it's because I use a hair 'product' to help tame the curls so not washing is just creating a nice waxy build up....yuck.
I guess I should have started praying baout it before I began the process, then I would have had some clarity:0)
Post a Comment