Friday, May 15, 2009

lame vindication

i called the investig@tor yesterday and was told that the case should be concluded by the beginning of june.

the midw!fe will be officially reprimanded, and apparently that involves suspending her license to practice.

yay?

why is the only thing that comes to my mind is, suspended means there's an end date. she will practice again.

is she gonna learn her lesson? i mean, wtf?

at the very least she'll have a public scar on her license...not that most people look that shit up, but SHE will know. SHE will remember my dead baby, whether she wants to or not...

AND...maybe...just mayyyyyybe...

she will think about the fact that she may have, possibly, maybe, screwed up
and caused a baby to DIE...

maybe she will not manage any other clients
as she did me
and paige.

9 comments:

Miss Jo said...

I found your blog through "Glow in the Woods"...and firstly, I am so very sorry for your loss. Secondly, I cannot believe for the life of me that they are merely suspending her license. ugh. I'm sorry again.

k@lakly said...

Is the DA going to press charges? If not I think I might consider going to the PRESS. A suspension isn't enough. It just isn't. You and Paige both deserve more. Much, Much. Much. More.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of going to the press. The bitch needs to pay.

Hope's Mama said...

No, this is not enough. People lose their jobs in other fields for MUCH less. Our laws are so wimpy in Australia though, that I can't even get this. My midwives got just a slap on the wrist. They are still working, "looking after mothers and babies". Makes my skin crawl. I would also consider going to the press, really make her sweat.
I only chose midwife care as my husband is a nurse and a really good one at that. No one has ever died on his watch. Never again - boring old Obs from here on in.

charmedgirl said...

the PRESS...holy shit, girls...
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Tash said...

Insult + injury. I'm really sorry, Charmy. I keep thinking that maybe, just maybe this will save another baby somehow, somewhere. But I haven't had coffee yet.

Press is good! Only problem is that you wind up in there too. I don't know if you caught what happened when Bon went public merely bitching about a poorly-worded fundraising letter, but . . . well, she got toasted. You'd think there'd be sympathy out there for deadbaby parents, but I'm starting to think maybe not so much?

CLC said...

It hardly seems like vindication to me. You might get some sympathy in the press. Angie from stilllife with circles wrote a beautiful letter to a columnist after her loss at the Philadelphia Inq.uirer and it was published, which really surprised me because you don't read much about stillbirth in the mainstream media. Maybe you can convey awareness about stillbirth and how not all medical professionals are created equally in such a way to raise awareness, yet not totally blasting her so as to avoid getting blasted yourself.

Alice said...

It seems to me now (at least in England) that nobody (in any field) ever loses their job for anything. It doesn't matter what you do you don't sacked. We live in a world without consequences - and that's a dangerous place to live, I think. Alice

Lynda said...

The fact that she still has a job boggles my mind.