Monday, February 25, 2008

what's been up

besides my computer crashing and dealing with a stressed-out husband (yes, it WAS the end of the world), the past week has been really, certifiably crazy.

first off, my mother. my therapist actually came out and told me that what i describe is a pers0nality dis0rder, and that CAN'T be fixed. i came to the conclusion that it's narc1ss1st1c pers0nality dis0rder after reading the criteria. HOLY SHIT, i can finally put a finger (or several) on the fucking shit i've been dealing with all these years. I AM NOT THE ASSHOLE!! this is a breakthrough.

i have stopped responding her emails at all, and restricted her visits to holidays and birthdays. she is FREAKING OUT. she's desperately trying to get my sister to feel guilty/sorry for her, which isn't working. her desperate mission to find a husband is in crash and burn phase. she has no friends. she is getting NO satisfaction with her old tricks. the last thing i sent her was a link to the disorder listed above, but not in hopes she would actually take it seriously...i think i just had to put it out there as my official "position."

my therapist told me what will be hard is coming to terms with the fact that i don't have a mother. in my head, i'd already done without one. but realizing that she will never GET IT, she will never understand me, until i DIE, has been hard. somehow, i've always thought that if the right situation came up, or i found the right words, if the cosmos aligned in just the perfect way, she would GET IT and actually realize that she's been a selfish self-righteous pompous ass. it seems so obvious NOW, but i think that because she's a therapist/social worker, she knows the right things to say. she's always made me think that the changes were possible. now i just know they're not. EVER. NEVER EVER. that's kinda scary yet good. thinking about past experiences and encounters with her with this newfound information has been, um, quite interesting.

next, the lawsu1t situation. i spoke to a lawyer last week, and also saw the 0b who did the c-sec (for my annual exam). i mentioned to him that i spoke to someone, to kinda gauge his reaction. OH MY GOD. he basically told me that he was already in pursuit of the licenses of both the m1dw1fe and her med advisor because of my case...and that he will do everything possible to help me, and that i am the first in his career he's ever said that to. i was in complete shock. i still am. i guess this thing is really going to happen. holy fucking shit.

because of the sensitivity of the information, i think i'm going to go private. there's no way in hell i can talk about a lawsu1t on a public blog.

so..........let me know if you want to keep reading, and comment or email me your email address. ok?

33 comments:

YummySushiPjs said...

I'd love to keep reading even if you go private!

Coggy said...

Oh you're so a copy cat ;o)

you know I want to read so hit me!

itsastrangeworld@yahoo.co.uk

Wow you've had some shit going off. I am interested to hear everything that has been going on with your midwives that is crazy. Frightening too I guess.

shit

meg said...

I so want to keep reading. Please, please, please send me an invite, charmy.

Tania said...

yes I want to keep reading!!!

Tania.Reid@TDBanknorth.com

Thanks!!

UnrulyArchivist said...

Pick me, pick me! I want to keep reading. My email is depressionista@yahoo.com.

I'm glad you're making some progress in therapy and that it sounds like you really have someone on your side for the legal stuff--which I want to hear more about.

See you on the other side?

Anonymous said...

I've never posted but would like to keep reading. Please

siridean_vidya@yahoo.com

k@lakly said...

you know how i love peoples privates...

kalakly at yahoo dot com

but you have it already i think:)

c. said...

Copycat? LMAO. Funny, Coggy.

You better take me, too. You can send the invite to hipcath at gmail dot com.

HOLY SHIT re: the lawsu!t!

Ashleigh said...

me too please- i can't imagine my blogosphere without you!


ashleigh_1010 at yahoo dot com

Kara + Matt said...

I haven't ever posted, but I would love to keep reading.

jujimam@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I want to come, too, pretty please.

CLC said...

Wow that's alot to digest in one post. You have me hooked now. I have to keep reading!
cloftus73 @ msn dot com

Anonymous said...

I would like to keep reading please. stardusted@soreal.org. Thank you. (Oh, I've been reading for a while; found you through Yummy Sushi Pajamas. Or Caryn. One or the other.)

nancy said...

you know me girl. email me so i can keep reading you. please?

Lori said...

Oh gosh- I'm late to this (I've been out of town).

I'm glad you are finally getting the answers and validation you need in regards to your mother. That sounds so difficult.

I would love to be able to keep checking in on you!

Steph said...

Yep, still want to read here too... I'd be interested in hearing what's happened with your midwives too... I don't know the whole story. Going to back read...

ms. G said...

Damnit, everyone is going private lately. Luckily I caught you before it happened. Lots of people went private before I could ask to be added. I will email you.

I'm sorry about your mom. It must feel good though to have your therapist validate your feelings. I'm really impressed you are sticking to your guns about seeing her, that can't be easy.

ms. G said...

Forgot to leave email....

sarahmac7577 at hot mail dot com

Aunt Becky said...

Oh, I just found you but I so need to keep reading you. For serious.

Anonymous said...

I have never posted but I would love to keep reading!

webbyerine@aol.com

and my blog is

http://akapoopie.wordpress.com

Erin

G$ said...

Don't leave me! lellowg at gmail dot com!

Wow, that's a big step on the narciss.. front. I worked with a guy that was a classic case, I can't imagine what you have gone through. Sounds like you have a really good therapist and are making some good progress.

G

beckys said...

I haven't posted before, but would like to keep reading
becky_soliz@yahoo.com

whatthef*ck said...

woah that is some shit about your mother. that is quite a list of characteristics. i imagine it is very wounding, to say the least, to have a mother like that. my mom is pretty fucked up but a different brand altogether. sounds like with an alcoholic parent. that is it needs to be recognized that she is incapable of giving you the love you need and that fact is no reflection upon your worthiness and lovableness. its her. not you. i imagine that is somewhat of a relief but then also very sad. sounds like you'll be mourning.
shit i've been blaming my mom for years but under the surface i still need to deal with feelings about being unable to bring her out of her depression or to even get her to recognize another person in her one-sided blathering excuse for a conversation.
i definitely want to keep reading. livebabyhopes@gmail.com

missing_one said...

I'd like to keep reading please
amendingheart@gmail.com

And I've read this post 3 times now and still don't know what to say.
You're in my thoughts!

Anonymous said...

I am one who has never posted either but would love to keep reading.

bns23@comcast.net

Rosalind said...

Oh my Charm!! You have had a lot going on..

I would love to keep reading ..soulsis_25@hotmail.com

niobe said...

I'd definitely like keep reading. Though I understand the reason, I hate, hate, hate when people go private, because they don't have feeds, so their new posts don't show up in my reader and I tend to miss them.

Julia said...

I am pretty sure my MIL has borderline personality disorder. She is not even my mother, and I still keep doing the "if I explain things clearly enough" thing. Most recently last Wednesday.
It must be a lot, a lot harder when it's your mother. I am sorry.

Very unusual about the law suit indeed, but very encouraging. Given the shitty situation, of course. It sucks that this is what's encouraging these days. I'd rather you had your daughter instead of a good case.

I would like to keep reading if you would have me. matb37 at gmail.

sharah said...

I lurk, but I want to keep reading even if you go private. It's sharahblog@gmail.com.

Antigone said...

count me in: antigonelost at gmail

Angelisa said...

Hi,

I just found you and I would love to keep reading.

angelisa.russo@gmail.com

I really relate to the mom thing, so you have my total empathy. Even my mom is a therapist/social worker too who know how to "sound right".

Sounds like you've got a great therapist.

We are also researching right now whether or not we will pursue malpractice...I would love to hear your story...

Take care,
A

a- said...

I'm late but I would hate it if I couldn't read your blog anymore woman! allie00 at gmail

a- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.