Wednesday, July 30, 2008

incest

to elaborate on the "washing of hands" of everything reproductive, i had a job interview today.

being at home with three three (and a half)-year-olds is doing nothing positive for my sanity level. unfortunately, the whole deadbaby thing came around the same time they were to begin transition into the TRUE terrible phase of childhood....THREE.

NOT good for a deadbaby mama.

last week, the camel's back broke; i realized they needed something i couldn't be: a preschool teacher. and that's ok (right? RIGHT?!?). i've always been against sending them to school before kindergarten but i have to admit that it's my own ego standing between them and what they need.

and i can't lie to you. I NEED IT TOO.

as it stands, i will be working only to pay their tuition. and that's A-OK with me.

so.........the incest part.

i will be working in a women's health group practice (read: OB).

i will be working for the same doc that delivered p@ige.

i don't know what that's going to be like. but i do know that, in terms of my future nursing plans, it's right where i need to be.

4 comments:

Julia said...

It is totally ok. Pre-school is cool. Just beware the morning get out of the house scramble. Or maybe that's just us.

Hope the work situation turns out to be what you need.

Julia said...

It is totally ok. Pre-school is cool. Just beware the morning get out of the house scramble. Or maybe that's just us.

Hope the work situation turns out to be what you need.

Missing_one said...

This is exactly what I decided to do last year (and don't regret for a minute making that decision)
I only work in the morning part time during the hours my 3 year old is in preschool and basically what I make pays for tuition (and some goes into the college fund)
I really feel saner (and I only have one!)
Going back last fall was a fresh start for me, and had less reminders of my deadbaby. I felt like I was living and contributing and finding myself again.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a lot to take on....

All the best for the future

The Broken Man

http://theblogofabrokenman.blogspot.com/