Tuesday, December 18, 2007

ornaments FOUND

i knew i didn't want anything obvious. there were a couple of times i picked up something girlie, once even a funky hot pink one, which would have been cool, because i felt she was going to be a feisty one. but none of them were right. i just kept thinking i would know when i saw it.

the little acorn behind p@ige's is a gift for my sister, who lost her pregnancy at about 8 weeks this past summer. i'm not sure how much she's allowed to show her sadness about it; it's almost six months past and people have pretty much dismissed it already. but i know she's scarred badly. she is scared shitless to get pregnant again, even though it's the thing she most wants. she decided out of the blue to go to graduate school in january, and i think it's because it will naturally put off questions of when she'll try again.

our acorns. eerily relevant, yet totally mysterious.

perfect.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them... absolutely beautiful. I am so sorry for your sister's loss as well...

c. said...

Great find, charmedgirl. I'm happy you were able to find something for P@ige. It feels nice to have our lost babies recognized. Deadbabyparenting: It's all we've got really.
I am so sorry for your sister's loss as well.

meg said...

I love these ornaments. You have inspired me to do something like this. I have never been able to do anything like this, but I'm gonna try.

I'm sorry to hear about your sister's loss too.

Coggy said...

I have two friends one who has had three miscarriages and the other who has had an ectopic pregnancy. We think it's hard for us to get recognition for our babies, I think in some respects women who have miscarriages are really treated badly. It's almost assumed that a woman will have at least one miscarriage and that really it's nothing to fuss about. On the spectrum of loss I would sooner have had a miscarriage than a full term stillbirth but I would still be completely f*cked up by it, just in a different way.
I do like your ornaments though.
'eerily relevant, yet totally mysterious' how charmedgirl :o)

Depressionista said...

They are beautiful and perfect. Just like P@ige. And so sweet of you to remember your sister's baby as well.

Rosalind said...

I'm thinking of you honey