my sister called yesterday and told me she had a spot of blood. she pushed the paper in a little and there it was.
last time that happened, i was about 7 months pregnant and encouraged her to think positively until she got an ultrasound. she miscarried at 8 weeks.
when she got pregnant this time, i assured her that the mother-fucked timing of her due date (p@ige's one-year anniversary) would most certainly mean a safe arrival; isn't that how it usually works??
this time, i could hardly say anything at all except i'm sorry. i thought she would be someone who has that one "common" early miscarriage and then goes on without a problem. maybe she is, and she pushed that paper in a little too hard. maybe she isn't.
her pregnancy has been hard on me, as short as it's been so far. it really made me secretly want to get pregnant again. i think i still do. i'm a little jealous of her fertility; envious that she can get pregnant so easily. but i'm also looking forward to her baby...maybe even thinking that her baby can distract me from wanting my own. and i'm not beating myself up about the envy, it just is what it is, you know?
if she has a miscarriage, she's going to seriously lose it. she is a very, very sensitive girl. i don't even want to think about her traveling the road of miscarriage after miscarriage. when i was going through my infertile years, i was so very grateful that i just wasn't getting pregnant at all. i read many blogs of women who had miscarriages and really felt for them; the hope, the chance, that then was ripped away, time after time. i felt lucky in that respect.
please, please, please stay, little tiny thing. i can't take any more of this.
please, no more baby death.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I hate this! I will hold alive baby thoughts for your sister and for you.
Sometimes you can have blood and have a live baby too. I had that before.
Grow tiny, tiny one, GROW!
thinking of you and your sister and hoping for the best..........
I'm so sorry, charmedgirl. Your sister must be beside herself with worry right now. I'm wishing as hard as I can that this turns out the way it's supposed to: with a live, beautiful little baby.
Ugh. It's a horror, I can attest. How far along is she? Keep us posted, and I'll keep appendages crossed for everyone.
Man this hit home. You are very sweet for posting about this and she is certainly in my thoughts. Hope you are doing okay with all of this.
Will be keeping all fingers and toes crossed for her too.
This must be awfully hard on both of you. And how generous of you to worry about her.
sometimes wonder if my SIL, who had a healthy baby girl within a week or so of when my twins should have been born, ever thinks about me.
Even though she lives less than 5 miles away, I haven't spoken to her for over a year and I can't imagine ever speaking to her again.
Charmedgirl, this is no consolation coming from me...but I bled in the first trimesters, for all my longer pregnancies. I know, I know that everything did not end up with a live baby, but that was not because of the first trimester bleeding. That was, well you know why.
Anyhow, you should get your sister to her doctor to get checked out. They could do an early ultrasound and a blood test to reassure her. That's what they always did for me.
I hope that this is not more baby death. I really do.
We will be thinking of you, your sister, and her sweet baby. We will light candles and pray and do whatever else we can think of to plead with the universe that this little one stays.
Charmedgirl, If it makes you feel better, I had actual periods every month with my first child. Seriously. Lighter but a period nonetheless. All the way up to 7 months. Hopefully, it's nothing more than old blood. I'm pulling for the little bean too.
Oh Shit!! I hope everythings going to be okay.. i'll be praying for you and your sister
Post a Comment