Wednesday, January 2, 2008

giveaway bonanza extravaganza!

when i was going through the hardest of the infertility, i got hooked on ebay. i don't think all of these things came from auctions, but most did. considering i've got a whole new crisis going on here, i'm making some room for...well, for more stuff.

including, of course, my new year's eve charm bracelet win! and can you imagine, i only realized there was an ACORN on that thing after coggy mentioned it?? my brain is so slow lately. i also noticed the next day that some asshole was sitting there (like i was on nye) trying to snake that thing? they placed a bid 8 seconds before i did, but my bid was higher. final bid count: 25.

HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

it's pathetic how exciting this is right now.

ok, so on to the business at hand. coggy and niobe and others are giving away free stuff and i want to do it too. i love that i can think about this stuff as being just a little, maybe, exciting for another dead baby mom to get in her mailbox and even wear.

my photography sucks ass, so i hope you can see that from left to right there is:
a choker of black/red iridescent beads
a natural garnet wire wrap-around bracelet
a lariat (tie) necklace with dark purple beads
a black bead choker with amber and yellow colored beads
a bracelet of rectangle pieces of amber
a rhinestone/cz baguette and round garnet tennis bracelet
(underneath) a carved bone stretch bracelet, looks like butterflies
a carved bone butterfly pendant beaded necklace
and last but not least, a funky bracelet with different colored stones
(this last one is broken but can be fixed easily...and is really nice)

so, first nine commenters, let me know which one you like!!
(am i an asshole to say if i've never heard of you and you have no blog, i will be suspicious? i hope not).

ps- IF, and this is a big if, meg is a chooser and likes that last bracelet, it can benefit from her metalsmithing skills...and was also shipped to me from italy...so if no one minds, she's got first dibs on that one!

10 comments:

meg said...

You so know I am a chooser! You mail me that bracelet and I will fix it up nice, for sure! It's beautiful and I would love to have a piece of jewelry from you, charmy.

Does that mean I have to go on my blog and pony up free stuff too? Yikes.

M said...

Just wanted to check in and say hi and hope 2008 is ok - don't worry about free stuff for me coz I'm a lonnnggggg way away!!!

Tash said...

Hey, could we use Meg as an email intermediary here? I have a question to ask you, nothing to do with jewelry. But maybe then I'll feel compelled or you'll talk me into something and I can give you my address too.

Tash said...

D'oh, nevermind, found your addy on your profile page. I'm such a doofus. Free jewelry, people!

k@lakly said...

Count me in...I love the bracelets and you are so right...It will make me so happy to get something from someone who knows, because I want to have something that when other people ask, I can say, "This is from my friend, her baby died too. Isn't it beautiful?" And then they will know, it's not just me, I am not alone.

BTW, I told Coggy, she should market your "WTF" shirt, I think you guys are sitting on a goldmine...who knew????

"WTF?"!!!!:)

charmedgirl said...

OK people.. so far i see i have the following takers:

meg- the funky broken italian bracelet on the right end
m- still needs to choose, and i don't want to hear shit about it being too far to send
tash- needs to make a choice
kalakly- needs to choose

please make your choice on this here comments list so everyone can see what's left to choose from, then send your mailing address to charmedgirl907 @ yahoo . com.
thanks!

Anonymous said...

I am laying claim to the lariat. This is so cool.

Now I feel compelled to do the same, as I have a TON of jewelry that I need to get rid of.

Stay tuned!

k@lakly said...

Okay,okay...I love either the tennis bracelet or the amber stone bracelet, so if noone else claims the tennis one, then I'd be damn proud to throw that puppy on, otherwise the amber one can come on down!
I am working on my giveaway, so everyone, STAY TUNED:)

Charmed, did I send you my address?? I can't remember, gotta lay off the sauce:)

M said...

Mwahahahaha that is SO something I would say!

Ok then, I'll choose - I just know how expensive it is to post stuff so far away!

I'm totally loving the garnet wire wrap-around bracelet if no one has got their greasy hands on that one!

*smooches*

Hope said...

Ok I will pick something i-f noone else has. I would love a bracelet of rectangle pieces of amber. I think it would be wonderful. Just let me know if someone else already picked this.