Monday, March 31, 2008

if i'm going to drop off the face of the www, my return post better be good, right?


this photo was taken the morning after a night of cocktails. before getting home, we decided to walk into the heart of this cemetery. it's on a major road in one of the boroughs of NYC, yet so overgrown that there was no chance of being spotted.
i wonder what i would have thought about if i knew then what i know now...instead of, "this cemetery is cool," and, "i wonder who these people were."
on the way out, we spent two hours cleaning garbage and pushing dead leaves off ground markers. we could have gone on for ten more hours and it wouldn't have made that much of a dent.
so, yeah. standing naked in an overgrown graveyard picking up garbage and dead leaves. that's what i've been up to.
(and thanks to those who emailed. really, thank you.)
ETA: i should have clarified...this photo was taken, i don't know, in 2003? it relates to my recent activities totally metaphorically. SHIT, what i would give to have that belly back after triplets...

17 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

That's an awesome picture. And I'm glad that you're all right.

Tash said...

Dude, wayyyyyy more interesting than my last few weeks.

k@lakly said...

Glad you're back...even if it means you have to get dressed again.
Why does a naked pic not surprise me about you???? Hmmmm

Anonymous said...

Oh come on! How are any of us supposed to compete with that? :)

This is a beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing, and welcome back.

m said...

I've not been around much lately either - but I'm glad you've been using your time more conducively than I have...

Missed you x

Little Miss Hopeful said...

Great picture :)

I've actually just sat here for hours and read your blog from start to finish. I can relate to so many of the things you've said. You're far more eloquent than I feel right now...its so hard to get words on paper (orcomputer screen) right now.

Welcome back to blogland

niobe said...

Oooo...if you're going to be posting pictures like that, you've got to put up a not-safe-for-work warning. I think it's an amazing picture, but my boss (if she happens to walk by) might disagree.

c. said...

Holy shit, Charmy! Didn't see that one coming. Now go put on some clothes. So happy to see you back :o)

meg said...

WOW, Charmy. You have balls, my friend...not that I can see any balls in the photo!

This is a truly amazing photo.

Anonymous said...

I love the pic!!

c. said...

I've been thinking about this all day: Do you always run around naked after a night of drinking?
:o)

Julia said...

Amazing photo, without question.
Glad you are back, and ballsy as ever.

Coggy said...

Glad you're OK and back Charmed.

That is an awesome picture!

Ashleigh said...

that is a beautiful picture. i think i must be getting old because all i could think about is how cold you must have been- then i saw your update and realized it may have been warmer then than it is now.

Antigone said...

But barefoot? I would have been afraid of stepping on something injurious.

Welcome Back!!!

luna said...

what a beautiful and brave woman you are, oh charmed one. ~luna

Ange said...

Thank god for good fun crazy nudey girls like you. Glad your back.