your comments mean so much to me. i can't believe how stupid and clueless i am right now, but i actually cried the whole ride home from the RE and never once thought of finding another one. what's happening to me??
we went to a satellite office of our original clinic, and, seeing how the first ivf was so successful, i figured why try to find another? just be glad they opened an office 45 minutes away instead of 90 and be done with it. i guess not. asshole.
the thing is, i knew i was bothered the whole time during the consult. just his manner, it was like he was giving a presentation (complete with a powerpoint slideshow of statistics, etc.). it was weird.
what i do understand is his thinking on my fertility status; we're not exactly INfertile, it's more like SUBfertile. i totally get his wanting to go back to less invasive treatments before ivf. in fact, as long as husband's sperm passes, i want to try on our own with the ovulation pee sticks until june. what i DON'T want to do is the half-ass treatments (all the fucking stress and bullshit without the results)...the clomid, the inseminations.
at this point, for us, it's us on our own, or it's ivf.
i checked my provider listing, and there's actually an RE about 15 minutes away. i don't think i want to go back to the other guy. i'm sick of people, professionals, not listening. and hey, this time, i can go in and play good RE bad RE; you know this next guy will be all over being the opposite of bad RE once i tell him about the other consult. he can feel like he's *the best* and i can get what i want. within reason, of course.
(jesus christ, did i just say i can get what i want? you know what i mean.)
i feel much better now, just knowing what's what. husband's getting down to business this week, and i'm calling the new RE. he better still take my insurance...wouldn't that be just my luck.
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I am SO glad you are going to call another RE.
I'm really glad that you're calling another RE. And definitely do that good RE, versus bad RE thing. I think it works.
And if the guy bothered you, that pretty well says it all. I have had a bad RE and a fantastic RE and the difference in the care (between doctors AND the entire clinic) was huge. It was honestly like night and day. The one place couldn't be bothered and the other place bent over backwards to do whatever I needed (even if I didn't know I needed it).
I hope the new guy works out. If you get a good vibe, then you will feel so much better. And 15 minutes away, sounds great.
Good for you.
Hey, I'm not sure a couple months of "wait and see, and try these in the meantime" is that awful while they set things up, but a reasonable timeline is very important. I think if they're going to offer up clomid/IUI, that 2-3 months MAX is IT. Then the big guns, and they'd better be preparing in the meantime. And if you don't want to do it? Nuts to them, you're the customer. You're paying them. Hang in there, can't wait for the new report!
I am so glad you are taking charge. I wish I did that when things smelled funny for me, but I didn't.
Hope the close by RE is a fine compassionate individual and doesn't need to be tricked into the acting as such. But if that's what is needed, I say hooray for you doing that. :)
I had a similiar situation as Meg. The first RE, I thought he was just FINE. What did I know? Then I moved and got a new RE. Night and day. Even if it's just psychological in that you feel more in control at the second one.
IUI with just clomid (or nothing?) shouldn't be too high a risk of multiples, if they do the ultrasounds on follicle growth... in theory. I guess it depends if you hyperstim or not, but then no doc should follow through with an IUI if they do that.
Good luck hun, I hope the new RE takes insurance and just plain takes time to listen and not judge you for already having kids. Thats bullshit.
Good plan. Screw that doctor. Seriously, screw him.
Yay you! I totally get nonot seeing the bad RE for what he was. I still think, oh maybe my OBitch wasn't that bad and I was just oversensitive...then I think if someone had told me the same thing bout their doc what would I tell them?? Get the fuck out is what. So I have to find a new one, even tho with my luck I'll probably find a great OB and then never actually get pregnant again...
I breathed a big sigh of relief after reading this.
I hate the old RE so you just have to get the new one and he has to be a good guy. I think playing the good RE, bad RE is the way to go. No way will the new guy want to be an asshole after you've come to him to be saved from the first guy.
Glad to hear you're taking care of yourself and seeing somebody else!!!
Does that really work? I've been trying to plan what I'll say to my RE when I meet him on Thursday.
Maybe I should try, "My OB said there's no way you could get me to have a successful pregnancy." Maybe then I'd finally get a baby.
Wishful thinking. @#$@#$@#$@#%#$@
Hope you are doing ok.
Post a Comment