why is it that both my daughters have suddenly taken to calling their stuffed penguin and elmo dolls their "baby sister"??? yes, they are wrapped in blankets; swaddled, you could even say. but, suddenly, the *baby sisters* are crying, giggling, being held like babies, and sung to...
now, we could get all deep and say that even though they haven't asked any questions about the disappearance of my HUGE belly, or the lack of appearance of any REAL baby sister (like we talked about).....we can say they are working through their 2.5y/o feelings. they are going through their own grieving process.
...or that's what people say when i tell them about the totally inconvenient time they chose to play the normal little girl game, "baby sister."
F*CK. and f*ck again.
Friday, November 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
This is heartbreaking. I just have no idea what you are supposed to do when kids are so young? What do you say? Or do you say nothing? I am clueless.
my son did this exact thing!!!!!!! he's 2.5 as well.
eerie.
I think it is their way of "dealing", they have lost a dream as well.
my son did this exact thing!!!!!!! he's 2.5 as well.
eerie.
I think it is their way of "dealing", they have lost a dream as well.
Post a Comment