we are going to try to have another baby.
husband and i, over a couple of conversations during the past week, decided that we are going to try. we would love to "fall pregnant" like we did with p@ige, but i've come to the conclusion that i don't want the scraped knees. there's no way i can handle a romp in the infertility hay...not again. god, please not again.
i had a taste of the rabbit hole last month...and it wasn't pretty. it was desperate, obsessive, out of control; i just can't go there again. i had flashbacks of the year after year i tried to get pregnant before ivf and it's just not worth it.
in fact, some sickly-rational/irrational part of my brain is telling me that in the long run, i would feel better about having another ivf baby (like ivf makes some different kind of baby? hey i never said this made sense). the thinking goes, p@ige was conceived through actual sex, the way i wished we could have done it the first time. she was going to be the homebirth i wanted so badly, yet i had so much anticipatory anxiety and guilt over the fact that she'd be getting (and giving me) what i didn't have with triplets. now that she's dead and fuck me, all that shit means nothing at this point, i think i would rather have husband pull out his "weap0ns of @ss destructi0n" and hit the clinic again. i guess this time around that p0rn has alot more meaning...it did help tease out our alive kids! funny how time and life can change all concept of romance.
i also know that i don't want to attempt to accomplish the impossible; there's no way in hell i can just la-di-da through month after month trying to pretend i'm not trying to get pregnant. what the fuck?? really, i had to face the fact that if we wanted a baby, we'd go straight to the source. fuck it. i'm not getting any younger and i'm certainly not fertile just because we had p@ige.
now...there is something else. there's a creepy feeling that ivf may not work again. we've had a couple of chuckles about not transferring more than one embryo...i mean, that's funny when you have three three year olds. but it's not so funny when i think about the fact that that means nothing. i also had three alive and perfect children against way higher odds and then had another single baby die. i know of many triplet moms who had numerous failed ivfs to transfer three embryos and get triplets. people tend to think that it means i have some magic uterus; anything going in will be coming out 9 (or seven 1/2, in the first case) months later. IT DOESN'T. i know, i can't worry about this now. but shit...i'm going from assuming it will work to dread that it won't. because there's nothing left after that. FUCKING GODDAMN INFERTILITY.
i haven't told anyone IRL about this decision, except my sister, the one who had the miscarriage last year and is pregnant again. i have a fantasy about getting pregnant and not telling anyone; i think about just having it all to myself. i'm not particularly worried about losing the baby and having to make that announcement, i just want to have the pregnancy and baby all to myself...to avoid the conversations and *looks* and comments about healing and bullshit from people who have no idea and never will that one pregnancy has absolutely nothing to do with the other, that i am not replacing anyone and that it will not magically make me move on from p@ige. i am certainly not telling anyone else that we're even trying.
our consultation is set for march 6. i want to get all the preliminary testing done and plan for a june cycle. i need some more time, and june feels like maybe i'll be ready. you know, that's the part i hate most about infertility...the doubts. nine months...is that long enough after i had a dead baby to get pregnant again? but it's obvious that when fertility isn't an issue it just happens, and many times, much sooner than nine months post. i hate that we can't just say, "let's do it," fuck, and get pregnant. oh well. maybe i just think too much.
ok so another baby...it's definitely possible, maybe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Well, I will be hoping for the best for you and your family. I know this is a hard time and comes with so many weird consequences and feelings and thoughts... I'll be sending the healthy baby juju your way!
I'm smiling from ear to ear. XOXOXO.
I'm glad you have a plan in place. I really believe sometimes making the decision is the hardest part.
As for keeping a pregnancy to yourself, I felt exactly the same way. I did not want to deal with the looks, whispers, etc. We didn't tell family till almost halfway through the pg. with A. The funny thing is, I so didn't want to talk about the pregnancy, but then when family didn't talk about it, I would get kinda pissed, thinking they were not being positive enough. HA! HA! It is a crazy ride, but we will be here to walk with you through it.
I'm glad you're going to try again and I'm really glad you're going to the RE. March is not that far away, to get a plan down. And I think June gives you the perfect amount of time (if there is such a thing).
Truth is, is may not work the first time...but there's a really good chance it will. It's not like you're going into it, with no track record. You have a good one, so that's what I'll be thinking when you go through the cycle.
I'm so happy that you've made this decision. I'm massively excited for you. I know all of the if, buts and maybes but still it's a huge thing to decide. I think going straight to the RE is the right thing to do. I'm shitting it now we've decided to actually try and I don't have the IF to accompany that. Month after month is going to be unbearable for me without the added stress of IF. Just go for it.
:o)
I want to disappear for 9 months and not speak to or see another person who doesn't understand my history, but then again I don't want to speak to the ones that do so I guess I do want to disappear.
I just want to get on with this on my own (DH excluded from that but that goes without saying).
Lets hope we get to worry about the actual reality of 9 months soon.
kinda, sorta, maybe, possibly is eons ahead of where I am, so good on'ya for making the phone call! HUGE! And a relief, I'm sure.
Wishing you only the best.
So glad you have made this decision. And you do have your blog friends to go through it with you if you decide to keep it a secret from the real world. I would probably do the same thing. Good luck.
Back in Sept. when I had my "taste" of "trying" I was the same way, desperate, obsessive, and then heartbroken when it didn't happen. I guess that was about 4 months after Jessica died (so about where you are).
June sounds like a good plan.
I feel ready now, but we want to wait until the school year ends.
If we are fortunate to get pregnant again, I am definitly NOT telling anyone IRL for awhile and not telling them we are trying either (who needs that pressure?)
Yay for the decision. Doesn't it feel good to have a somewhat plan in place?
Plus, if that's when you guys decide to give it a go, maybe we'll both be in TTC hell together (because that's when we're going to start trying too)
I love the whisper of possibility, of hope....
I am glad you have a plan.
Well, that's fanfuckingtastic!!!
Just the decision to try is happy news to me:)
Good luck and I'll be thinking of you...but not thinking of you trying, either way, cuz that might be a bit creepy ya know??
Go out and kick some fertility ass!
this post just made me grin. sending lots of hope and good thoughts your way.
Physically, nine months is fine (anything over 6 decreases odds of pre-term labor). Emotionally? It kicked my ass. But it is possible that being in the middle of a cycle will help with that.
I get what you are saying about IRL reactions. I only told 4 friends (one of them reads the blog as well), and they are the ones I knew wouldn't say stupid things. I am terrified of being visibly pregnant. I am thinking up all the things I will have to tell people who do say stupid shit. I have also been thinking since before I was pg this time about writing an email before the next baby comes to essentially everyone we will be sending the birth announcement to basically saying (in a very nice way, of course) that I will rip out the heart of any moron who says or implies that one makes up for the other and that now things will finally be peachy. I don't know whether I will go through with it, but it has a certain appeal.
I am hopeful for you. May the time in between be lighter for the decision made, and may the cycle(s) be as gentle on you as possible.
For what its worth, good luck. We're going to start trying in April and I'm petrified.
I'm sorry for the late response to this...That's a nice plan.. I'm so happy for you
Post a Comment